Camp Bitobig 2021 registrations will be going live on April 27, 2021, at 9 am
Register at Eventbrite here.
For over 30 years, Camp Bitobig has provided opportunities for children to experience the diverse wonders of nature and to learn outdoor skills in a safe, fun, and hands-on manner at the Lake Laurentian Conservation Area. Our camp instructors are fully trained, have a passion for inspiring a love of nature in children, and are dedicated to creating a fun learning environment for all campers! Children may only be registered in a maximum of two sessions. Children must be between the ages of 7-12 as of their first day of camp.
Details about cost, weeks, themes, and schedules can be found here.
We suggest introducing the idea to your camper that this year will be a year for new camp experiences. Things will feel a little different than past years at Camp Bitobig, but the most important summer camp experiences - making new friends, exploring and learning outdoors, and having canoe-loads of fun will all be there. Some of the things they have enjoyed in other years will be different this year, but there will be new things to love about camp. Talk with your children about physical distancing and what that feels like. Camp Bitobig follows day camp protocols set out by the province of Ontario and our COVID-19 policies will be updated as required.
COVID-19 Protocols for this year
- 2 cohorts of 15 campers, with 2 camp counsellors. Cohorts will not interact or do any activities together. They will eat in different picnic areas, have their own designated bathroom, have staggered lunch breaks, and have staggered drop-off and pick-up times. Families will be cohorted together.
- There will be no bussing this year. Drop-offs will be at the Nature Chalet at 2309 South Bay Road. Drop-offs and pick-ups will be staggered depending on the cohort (Either 8:40 am to 3:40 pm, or 9 am to 4 pm)
- Extra hand washing stations & increased sanitizing. All items will be sanitized between cohort use.
- Most activities will be outdoors! (Yes, even more outdoors than usual!) Masks will be required when indoors or when physical distancing is not possible
- Daily screening of campers, parents, and staff. Temperature checks on campers and staff as they arrive.
- Flexible refund policy to accommodate campers with symptoms suspected or confirmed cases of COVID.
- Camp Bitobig will be implementing all of the policies and procedures set out by the province of Ontario in order to keep all of our campers as safe as possible. To read our full COVID-19 policy document, see https://bit.ly/3tCQXHR
Please note, families will need to read and agree to the full policy document before attending camp. Any changes made to update our COVID-19 Policies will be communicated to families as they occur.