Planning & Regulations
The N.D.C.A provides land use and resource management planning input and review; monitoring development associated with related legislation. The NDCA is a Level One referral agency based on an agreement with the Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO). Applications to do work in water which could impact fish habitat within the NDCA watershed, are to be submitted to the NDCA who will then deal with DFO and MNR.
As well many DFO Fact Sheets are available by CLICKING HERE
For Operational Statements, and to obtain information related to the changes to the Fisheries Act CLICK HERE
To report a spill, contact the Ontario Ministry of the Environment's Spills Action Centre, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 1-800-268-6060, or go to their website for Emergency Spills Action Centre
- Reduces the risk to life and property from natural hazards such as flooding and unstable slopes.
- Complement flood control operations and flood warning.
- Proactive vs. reactive approach to resource management; promotes wise use of water and land resources for future generations; ensures wise use of scarce dollars.
- Keep the public informed about the importance of and dangers related to natural heritage resources throughout the watershed.
- The general public.
- Advocacy groups, ratepayers.
- Landowners and developers.
- Municipal government agencies
(i.e. Planning, Building Controls,
Committee of Adjustment, Engineering, etc.)
- Lawyers and real estate agents.
- Other senior level government agencies
(MNR, MOE, DFO).
A variety of applications, forms and documents are made available here for your convenience. Please use our Contact Form