Thank you for your interest in employment opportunity with Conservation Sudbury.
INTERNSHIP EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Regreening Education Intern - 12 month contract
The Regreening Education Intern is a 12 month contract supported through the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund internship program. There are eligibility requirements under the internship program listed below.
The Regreening Education Intern will be responsible for working with the City of Sudbury’s VETAC group to create and deliver the “Regreening Story” to elementary and high school grades over the fall and winter, and to advertise and deliver a spring tree planting event with school groups. This position will also support the regular communication and outreach duties at Conservation Sudbury by creating updates about new and ongoing programs.
- Work with VETAC to create interactive presentations about Sudbury’s “Regreening Story”
- Advertise, coordinate and deliver the “Regreening Story” to elementary and high school grades
- Advertise, coordinate and supervise spring tree planting events with school groups
- Update the Conservation Sudbury’s website, engage in social media, help prepare news releases and publications (ie. brochures and reports)
- Convert technical water resources information into a format that can be shared with the public such as snow care surveys, water quality samples, meteorological monitoring and water level data
- Bilingual – Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French
- Bachelors of Science or teacher’s Certificate and/or a Science Communication Diploma, or equivalent
- Experience using Microsoft Office software
- Effective communication skills with the ability to present information to various types of groups of people
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Time management and organization skills with the ability to work with limited supervision
- High level of computing knowledge and skills
- Ability to work independently and self-guided
INTERNSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- University and college graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university
- Can only participate in the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Internship program one time
- Must be the first-time employment opportunity in candidate’s field of study
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Class G Drivers Licence
- Your own vehicle that you are able to use for work purposes
The primary work location is Conservation Sudbury, 199 Larch Street, Sudbury ON., 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
TO APPLY: Applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter (in a single PDF document) clearly demonstrating how the eligibility requirements have been met. Contact information for three professional references should be included.
Applications must be submitted by e-mail only to Hajnal.Broz@ConservationSudbury.ca by NOON on Wednesday June 28, 2017.
Please include Regreening Education Intern in the subject line of the e-mail.
All applicants will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of an application. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or faxes please.