Thank you for your interest in employment opportunity with Conservation Sudbury.
INTERNSHIP EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Information Management Technician - 12 month contract
The Information Management Technician is a 12 month contract, supported through the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund internship program. There are eligibility requirements under the internship program listed below. The Information Management Technician will help guide the modernization of data collection, classification and archiving of records and information for Conservation Sudbury. Data retention is moving towards a Geographical Information Systems (GIS) platform that will allow regulatory decisions to be better evaluated based on their impacts to watersheds, wetlands, watercourses, shorelines and other sensitive features.
- Classify and code paper and electronic records
- Develop document inventories
- Sort, prepare, scan and quality check scanned images for integration into a GIS platform
- Review and update the records and information management policy; and assist in implementation of the updated policy
- Work with the Information Management & GIS Specialist and long standing staff to understand how new data collection can integrate legacy information
- Bachelors degree in Library Science, Information Resource Management, Integrated Resource
- Management, Geography, Earth Sciences or a related field OR a College Diploma in Office Administration or Library and Information Technician
- Experience using information gathering standards and practices (e.g. data collection, data entry metadata), data security and data quality control
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, time management, communications and organization skills and ability to work with limited supervision
- High level of computing knowledge and skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team Internship opportunity
INTERNSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- University and college graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university.
- Can only participate in the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Internship program one time.
- Must be the first time employment opportunity in candidate’s field of study.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Experience using ARCGIS
- Experience using MS Access
The primary work location is Conservation Sudbury, 199 Larch Street, Sudbury ON. 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
TO APPLY: Applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter clearly demonstrating how the eligibility requirements have been met. Contact information for three professional references should be included.
Applications must be submitted by e-mail only to Hajnal.Broz@ConservationSudbury.ca by NOON on Friday, May 26, 2017.
Please include Information Management Technician in the subject line of the e-mail. All applicants will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of an application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or faxes please.