Thank you for your interest in employment opportunity with Conservation Sudbury.
Fundraising Support Specialist
12 month contract ($20.61 - $23.20/hour)
The Nickel District Conservation Foundation (NDCF), a registered Canadian charity – is seeking a highly motivated, multi-skilled person to support our fundraising; coordinate our administrative tasks; administer our databases and to maintain our website and develop a social media presence.
The NDCF is a small forward-looking charity operating in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. We aid certain activities of the Nickel District Conservation Authority (Conservation Sudbury) with a focus on those areas unfunded by other sources. The support of education, research and non-motorized recreation in local conservation areas is of highest priority.
We are looking for a candidate who understands the world of non-profits, has experience in fundraising, communications and administration, and who cares about our mission. The person we are seeking will be a strong multi-tasker, able to handle multiple deadlines, and be able to work with our board, volunteer committees, and and alongside Conservation Sudbury’s staff.
We are looking for someone with:
- a post-secondary diploma in business administration or equivalent combination of education and experience, particularly in non-profit administration
- at least two years of experience in an office environment providing clerical, administrative, fundraising and event support
- excellent written and verbal communications skills
- thorough knowledge of MS Office, and experience with fundraising tools such as Salesforce, Eventbrite, Grant Advance and Canada Helps.
- experience in website maintenance (NationBuilder) and social media outreach
- the ability to make administrative and procedural decisions on sensitive, confidential issues
- working knowledge of privacy legislation, a clean police records check and bondable
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Fundraising Specialist reports to the Secretary-Treasurer and will work in five main areas:
- Working under the supervision of the Secretary-Treasurer the Specialist will maintain our donor database, support donor recognition strategies, coordinate layout and printing of materials for donor mailings, issue charitable receipts, and process donation transactions
- Research and develop policies, procedures and workflow processes in keeping with fundraising industry context for small charities
- Responsible for all aspects of the grant-writing process, including exploration and discovery of grant sources, composing letters of interest, writing formal proposals and submission based on direction and priorities of the Board.
- Development of grant proposals may include obtaining quotes for work to be completed, procuring letters of support from stakeholders and writing project descriptions.
Research, purchase and initiate customer relationship management (CRM) software, input data from existing sources and integrate CRM in operations, websites and social media platforms.
- Manage the procurement of administrative resources, adhere to budget constraints, maintain proper files and databases and coordinate all outreach materials
- Managing, tracking and taking action on insights such as emails, survey and meeting results from meetings
- Manage and update databases to record member/speaker/sponsor contact and preferences
- Ownership over the collection of Friends of Lake Laurentian membership and other sponsorship dues
Social Media and Website support
- Provide support for the back end of the CRM
- Maintenance of the full site
- Maintenance of all social media platforms
- Support the Nickel District Conservation Foundation board and the Friends of Lake Laurentian steering committee by assembling agendas, attending meetings, taking notes, preparing minutes and executing assigned action items
- Arranging stewardship meetings and preparing briefing documents
- Create correspondence such as proposals, thank you letters and program outcome information
Other duties as assigned
EMPLOYMENT TERMS: The primary work location would be the Conservation Sudbury office, 401-199 Larch St., Sudbury. 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
TO APPLY: Applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter clearly demonstrating how the eligibility requirements have been met. Contact information for three professional references should be included.
Applications must be submitted by e-mail only to Melanie.Venne@ConservationSudbury.ca by 11:59PM on Tuesday, September 5, 2017. Please include Fundraising Support Specialist in the subject line of the e-mail.
All applicants will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of an application. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or faxes please.