Thank you for your interest in employment opportunity with Conservation Sudbury.
INTERNSHIP EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Information Management Technician
12 month contract
The Information Management Technician is a 12 month contract, supported through the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund internship program. There are eligibility requirements under the internship program listed below.
The Information Management Technician will contribute to data collection, quality control, archiving and dissemination of data and information for Conservation Sudbury. The intern will be involved in every step of the modernization and digitization of Conservation Sudbury's information from collection to community accessibility.
- Classify and code paper and electronic records
- Develop document inventories
- Sort, prepare, scan and quality check scanned images
- Work with the Information Management & GIS Specialist and long standing staff to understand how new data collection can integrate legacy information
- Possibility to participate in data collection through water quality monitoring, snow depth monitoring, and flow monitoring
- Bachelors degree in Geography, Earth Sciences, History, Library Science, Information Management, Integrated Resource Management, or a related field
- Experience using information gathering standards and practices (e.g. data collection, data entry, metadata), data security and data quality control
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, time management, communications and organization skills and ability to work with limited supervision
- High level of computing knowledge and skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
INTERNSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- University graduates who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university.
- Can only participate in the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Internship program one time.
- Must be the first time employment opportunity in candidate’s field of study.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Experience using MS Access
The primary work location is Conservation Sudbury, 199 Larch Street, Sudbury ON. 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
TO APPLY: Applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter clearly demonstrating how the eligibility requirements have been met. Contact information for three professional references should be included.
Applications must be submitted by e-mail only to NDCA@ConservationSudbury.ca by 5PM on Monday December 18, 2017. Please include Information Management Technician in the subject line of the e-mail. All applicants will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of an application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or faxes please.